Saturday, July 15, 2006

Two Shows Seen, One Skipped

Managed to catch both Le Firm and Ashford Breaks tonight, but unfortunately the latter ran late so I missed The Whigs. Don't worry, though, I'll see them in Jersey tomorrow.

Le Firm sounded better tonight than any time I've seen them so far. This was still only their fifth or sixth show, yet they're really starting to come together. Do yourself a favor and catch them at The Delancey on August 5th or The Annex on August 30th. An EP is coming very soon. By the way, this was the first setlist I've ever written for a band!




From Sin-e I ran down to The Delancey to catch New York's Ashford Breaks. If you don't know them, the Ashford Breaks have been playing around New York for four or five years now, playing some of the catchiest, coolest power pop you've heard in years. (The lead singer, Lawrence, used to play with the infamous BMX Bandits.) Their sound has evolved of late, and they've added a garage-ier sound, but they still sound great. And while I knew they had an EP coming out, they mentioned tonight that the EP is apparently already out. Who knew? I'll pick it up and post something soon.


1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I lied, it's not actually out yet...we're having the release party Aug. 31 at the Delancey...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home