Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Today's Info Dump

Methinks the title speaks for itself.

Coolfer has the big news of the day - Twisted Sister has signed on with Razor & Tie for a Christmas album titled A Twisted Chrismas, due out October 17th. I guess that's what happens when lawyers start record labels.

Babyshambles apparently haven't broken up, and Pete apparently still hasn't died. In fact, to the contrary, the band has a new song on the MySpace page for Britain's Get Loaded in the Park festival. Copies of the single will be available only at the concert. It's not terrible.

Muzzle of Bees, a great blog that I don't read regularly enough, has an MP3 of the new Golden Smog song, "5-22-02". I really wish I liked this song more than I do.

Jefitoblog is continuing its series of live performances from KBCO Studio C. I highly recommend getting over there and poring through what's posted. My favorite tracks so far?

Damien Rice, "Cannonball"
R.E.M., "Losing My Religon"
Ryan Adams, "New York, New York"

Kill Your Coworkers has live Stone Roses from 1995 which he claims to be of great quality (I haven't listened to it yet).

The new Mars Volta song, "Viscera Eyes", is up on the band's MySpace page. I keep hoping to hear something from them that reminds me about what I loved in At The Drive In. Maybe I should give up.

You Ain't No Picasso has two songs from the forthcoming Mountain Goats album. I really need to become more familiar with this band.

YANP also has a live set from Colin Meloy from last year.

And, if you're in the mood for dancing Stormtroopers, Need Coffee links to video of last year's AFI Lifetime Achievement award ceremony where the brilliant William Shatner did a song and dance number for George Lucas. It's completely worth your time just to see the number of aging Star Wars actors in the audience, and for confirmation that, yes, Billy Dee Williams is still alive. Seriously, can't Colt 45 start making ads with him again? Please?

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might want to avoid that 1995 live Roses show. By the point, Reni had left the band, and shortly thereafter John Squire did, too, so they weren't exactly at their peak.

Over the years I've spent lots of time trying to find great sounding Roses boots, and there just aren't many out there. There's one from Japan that's so-so, I have a horrendous copy of the famous Spike Island gig, a decent early Manchester show on vinyl and the oft-released Blackpool Empress Ballroom show, which is far and away the best live thing from them I've come across.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home