Monday, July 17, 2006

Streaming Music (Week of July 17th)

I've broadened the scope of this weekly post from AOL this week, in part because AOL doesn't have much of interest (with one key exception), and in part because Mammoth Press is streaming the new Long Winters disc, Putting the Days to Bed, here.

Coincidentally, I just got the album today and am currently giving it my first full listen-though. First impression? I like it, a lot. Not sure if I like it as much as When I Pretend to Fall, though it's probably too early to tell, but it's excellent nonetheless.

AOL's slim pickins:

Golden Smog, Another Fine Day

Helmet, Monochrome [i.e., the Jim McIlvaine of rock bands]
The Bronx, The Bronx [I know nothing about them, but Eric at Can You See the Sunset from the Southside? has spotlighted them a couple of times, so it's worth a listen.]

PS: I'm having problems with the Golden Smog stream. Hopefully AOL will fix it soon.
PPS: My favorite song on the Long Winters disc may be "Hindsight". A close second is "Teaspoon".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home