Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Snippet of Damien Rice News

No, I unfortunately don't have news about the album that he's supposedly been working on for two years. (Sidenote: Was anyone else at that 9:30 Club show in late '03/early '04 where he said they were about to go in the studio? I think it was the one where he was sick and Lisa did all the singing. Cool show.)

Anyway, for those of you, like me, wondering as to the status of the band, worry no more. Even though it looks like 3/5 of the band (Lisa, Tomo, Vivienne) will not be joining Damien on his U.S. tour in support of, ahem, Fiona Apple, they will be playing with him at several upcoming European shows.

And, for our friends in Ireland, Damien and band have just announced two upcoming shows at Vicar St. on August 29th and 30th. From the mailing list:
Along with the full band - Lisa Hannigan, Tom Osander, Vyvienne Long & Shane Fitzsimons, 2 additional musican's will be peforming with the band on the night - Joel Shearer on guitar and Cora Venus Lunny on viola/violin.

Special guests on the night will be Fionn Regan & Pedestrian.

Tickets go on sale this Saturday, 22nd July at 10am. Tickets are available from Road Records and Sound Cellar in Dublin and from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide - www.ticketmaster.ie / 0818 719 300.
There's also a pre-sale for folks on the mailing list, but I ain't gonna be the guy who spreads it. Especially since I may try to go to the show if I can find a cheap flight. Besides, I still have a token for a free Guinness at the Guinness Brewery from the last time I was there, and it's high time I collected on that debt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home