Thursday, July 20, 2006

Priestess Lose Last Bit of Credibility

Now, let me preface this post by saying that I've only heard one song from Priestess. While it certainly wasn't good - to my ears, at least - it wasn't the worst thing in the world. Yet, for some reason, the band has recently become my favorite butt of all jokes. (Before them it was Wolfmother, and before them Morningwood.) I simply can't give you a reason, but they are now my favorite band to make fun of.

So I was pretty thrilled when I looked over at Brooklyn Vegan and saw this article. Yes, folks, Priestess are going on tour with Gwar.

I love it when I'm right.

5 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't get it. priestess is an excellent real rock band. they don't care about your silly, trendy indie blogger rules and regulations. they just rock. plain and simple. so go ahead and blog about keane and and all that stuff you like that has nothing to do with rock.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Looking back over my post, I don't think I mentioned anything about rules, regulations or Keane. In fact, I don't think I've ever mentioned Keane here, because they suck.

Try re-reading the post. What I said was that I'd heard one Priestess song and didn't like it. I even went so far as to give a caveat that my aversion to Priestess is really without basis.

And don't try to convince me that Gwar is a good band. I've heard Gwar. I used to listen to Gwar when I was 12. I feel completely at ease making fun of a band for touring with Gwar.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw them with dinosaur jr and they were fantastic. even had lou wearing a priestess t-shirt. killer rythm section and their record is magic. it's rock. they don't have anything to do with keane or holdsteady or razerlight or whatever. it's hard rock and metal played by real dudes with catchy songs. the whole thing about them is how refreshingly real and unpretentious. doesn't matter who they play with . not important to them. that silly game. they've played with motorhead, dino jr, the bronx, dfa1979, whatever... it's rock. it's not a trendy stylish blogger thing. it's not for you.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again with the Keane? Wow, anonymous clearly can't read. And "trendy stylish blogger thing?" Mr. Street Teamer, think you've got the wrong audience here, my friend.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a fan of the band. not a "street-teamer". have fun with your "indie-credibility-meter".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home