Monday, July 10, 2006

Playing Catch-Up

I've been a little lax in my posting the last few days. Music news has been pretty slow, and I've been kinda busy with some other things. Anyway, I'm back, I'm bad, I'm white, I'm mad. Or something like that.

Good news! Lollapalooza's Friday "Special Guest" has been announced as My Morning Jacket. Now I definitely will not be seeing the Raconteurs. Phew!

Two Boston blogs, RBally and Bradley's Almanac have been schooling us all the last few months when it comes to posting new live music. They're at it again: Bradley's Almanac has live Beirut from Cambridge last month, while RBally has both the recent "Broken Mascis Scene" collaboration and a live Stephen Malkmus radio gig.

Large Hearted Boy links to an interesting piece on Wilco and the recording of their new album.

Speaking of Wilco, the band's show from Duluth, MN last week is now streaming in all of its glory at the band's website. I'm gonna check it out now.

I missed this when it happened, but it's all pretty silly to me. Pitchfork apparently gave a less-than-stellar review to the new Sound Team album, and someone claiming to be the band responded in kind. Check it out. Real or not, it's pretty funny.

Finally, go listen to some live Neko Case, Mogwai, Drive-By Truckers and Sonic Youth over at Kingblind.

More later..

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout and the kind words . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home