Friday, July 14, 2006

Hooray for Customer Service

Yeah, ignore this post. While they agreed to ship me my order, I got an email today telling me that they're suddenly out of what I ordered and it's on "back-order". So despite that I ordered from them -- and paid -- weeks ago, there's no telling when I'm getting my stuff. And when I called to speak with customer service, they refused to do anything other than refund my money. Not good.

So, yeah, whatever goodwill they gained is now gone. Guess I'm going to start using Petsmart.com or PetFoodDirect.com.

Just a quick non-music, non-pop culture note. In a world where customer service has pretty much disappeared, or at least the concept of polite customer service - I'm lookin' at you, AOL - good customer service deserves attention.

For that reason I just wanted to throw out some quick props to Petco. I got stuck with a couple pets several years ago from an old girlfriend, and every day has been a struggle not to throw them out the window onto 6th Avenue. We've kind of reached a bit of a detente, where I don't bother them and they don't bother me. Except when they do.

Anyway, I ordered some food from Petco last week, and only about 1/2 of it showed up in the mail. So I called their 1-877 number, and guess what? I waited on hold for all of 2 minutes, and the customer service person immediately promised to send the missing part of the order. Then, 30 seconds after getting off the phone, I got an email confirmation that the food would be shipping shortly.

Kids, this is the way you earn customers' loyalty. If you, like me, are afflicted with the scourge of pets, be sure to use Petco.


And if you want two cats, drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home