Monday, June 12, 2006

Sumimasen! Czech Please!

What an utter embarassment. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a soccer expert, having only recently started to understand and enjoy the game. But even to a novice like myself, it was pretty clear that the U.S. was just plain shitty today. There, I said it. Shitty. And this was the definition of a collapse.

Fortunately, I found plenty of interesting stuff to keep my mind on other things for the rest of the day.

Live Tunes

Cat Power in Boston (via Bradley's Almanac).

The Walkmen's in-studio performance on KEXP (via So Much Silence).

Cold War Kids in Atlanta (via Cable and Tweed).

Live Fishbone A to Z (via Berkeley Place).

Leaked Tune

"To Go Home", from M Ward's forthcoming album, Post-War, due August 22nd on Merge (via Raven Sings the Blues).

Album News

Chromewaves reports that, a week after M Ward, we can expect a new studio album from none other than Bob Dylan entitled Modern Times. Hopefully I'll be able to catch him on tour this time around somewhere other than Hammerstein Ballroom, where I could barely see anything on stage, and had to take comfort in seeing his hair (read: 'fro) pop up over the crowd every few minutes.

Random Entertainment

Go listen to this. Make sure your speakers are at at least 50% (it's not loud). See what, if anything, you can hear.

This is apparently a new cell phone ring being used by kids in school. It is an extremely high pitched ring that most adults, including teachers, can't hear, as their ears stop can't make out higher registers. If you can't hear it, you're just old. (Via I Am Fuel, You Are Friends).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home