Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Randomocity

Slow news day, folks. Hoping to have some interesting new live sets for you soon.. Until then, I'll point you to the wonderful work of my fellow bloggers:

Bradley's Almanac has last night's Radiohead show from Boston. I've never been a huge fan of the band, and haven't really liked any of their albums aside from O.K. Computer, but I have to admit that they're just about the most courageous band out there. I've heard good things about the news songs they're playing this tour, so I'll give this a listen.

Can You See the Sunset From the Southside? has an incredible live Mission of Burma set from CBGBs in 1983.

Jefitoblog has the Complete Idiot's Guide to The Church. Not that church. Or that church. Or that one, either. Instead, it's a great primer on the criminally underrated Australian band.

And two quick pieces of news:

The Who are returning with a new album. Seriously.

The Smiths are not. While I'm sure Morrissey's sick to death of all the reunion rumors, I love the utter disdain he shows his former bandmates. Quoth the Moz:

What's the point? I feel as if I've worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven't, so why hand them attention that they haven't earned? We are not friends, we don't see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home