Sunday, June 11, 2006

No More Food, Please

So I spent the bulk of the last two days at the Big Apple BBQ, eating way the hell too much food. But the fact of the matter is, as much as New Yorkers like to talk about how good our food is here, we simply don't have anything coming close to this place or this place. So when they come to visit every year, I feel that it's my duty to shove as much sausage and brisket down my troat as possible. Mission accomplished.

While I've been eating myself fat, other bloggers have actually been surprisingly active this weekend. So before I drop the second half of Rogue Wave on you, check these out:

If you have several hours to waste, and who doesn't, Yeti Don't Dance links to one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Brad Neely, an Austin comic book artist, has recorded a "books on tape" version of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone which, while generally sticking with the book's plot, adds all kinds of new words (several of the 4-letter kind) and commentary, most of which had me laughing my ass off. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, Yeti's also got a 2.5 minute snippet. Good stuff.

If you'd rather spend your time listening to music than, err, literature:

The always stellar RBally has a live set by My Bloody Valentine from January 7, 1992 in Vancouver, BC.

I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has a new Counting Crows song that was co-written with Gemma Hayes. Sounds pretty much like CC to me, which means it's fine.

My Old Kentucky Home links to a great little song by Bugs Eat Books called "On To You". Gonna have to hear more from these guys.

And, finally, Cable and Tweed points out that Gnarls Barkley's performance of "Crazy" from the MTV Movie Award is up on You Tube. I'm sick to death of the song, which I never really liked in the first place, but what a great concept for a performance. Check it out:

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, thanks for the shout . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home