Friday, June 16, 2006

Lucero Return to NYC!

While bouncing around the web, I came upon a couple of new Lucero related shows in the New York area.

First, lead singer Ben Nichols is doing an acoustic set with Dustin Kensrue of Thrice at the Knitting Factory on Saturday, July 29th. Tickets are on sale. Unfortunately, I have tickets to see Bloc Party at a swimming pool in Brooklyn that night.

Then, the full band is playing the Rocks Off Concert Cruise on Saturday, August 5th. Tickets are available here.

I'm a little torn on this one. As you know, I love me some Lucero. But I have real questions about going to see a band on a boat. Most of the bands that play the Rocks Off thing are cheesy cover bands or jam bands. And I have visions of being surrounded by tourists taking the cruise just to get a close-up view of the Statue of Liberty. The whole thing just kinda skeezes me out.

Anybody been on one of these cruises? Any thoughts? How's the sound? Is the whole thing as awful as it sounds? Any chance we'll see Rio?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home