Saturday, June 03, 2006

Human Television @ Mercury Lounge, NYC [6/2/06]

I hadn't planned on going to see Human Television last night. I'd already seen them twice in April, and while I'm a huge fan of their EP and recent full-length album, they hadn't impressed me live. While not bad, it just seemed as if the band hadn't been playing together much, and the shows were kinda sloppy and all over the place. So, my plan was to skip the show and watch the Pistons beat the Heat in Game 6.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well. So just before halftime I gave up and decided to the show with my friend Matt.

The band was 10 times better last night than they were back in April. I don't think I've ever used the word "tight" with them before, but that's the best way to describe them last night. Such a pleasant surprise. It finally felt as if the band had been practicing, and as if they were taking this whole touring band thing seriously. Now all they need to do is (a) add a little bit of stage banter, and (b) learn to dress. [I'm not a fashion maven by any stretch, but seriously Boyd (?), $3 t-shirt and shorts? At least try to look like you care.]

Anyway, with those two caveats, I can finally recommend that you catch the band live next time they're in town. And, guess what? They have a national tour next month taking them to the West Coast, Chicago, Cincinnati, DC and elsewhere. Full tour schedule is at their MySpace page.



3 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home