Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Hiders

As much as I enjoyed seeing Wussy at the Northside Tavern in Cincinnati a couple of months ago, I'm starting to think that the best part of that night was my discovery of The Hiders.

Just before Wussy's set, I was talking to some folks in the crowd about bands, and one of them told me that I had to check out a Cincy band called The Hiders. I'd never heard of them before, but promised that I'd check them out.

It's a damn good thing that I did. It turns out that, just as Wussy is the new band featuring Chuck Cleaver of the Ass Ponys, the Hiders are the new band of the Ass Ponys' Bill Alletzhauser. And, if it wasn't clear already, it turns out that Chuck wasn't the only ace songwriter in that band.

Check out a couple songs:

"Everything I Wanted"

"Into the Sun" (live) [Highly Recommended]

You can hear more at the band's home page or its MySpace page, and you can buy the band's latest disc, Valentine, at CD Baby or Miles of Music.

Unfortunately, the band doesn't have a ton of dates scheduled right now, but they are coming kinda close to NYC -- they're at WXPN's "All About the Music Festival" in.. ahem.. Camden, NJ, on Sunday July 23rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home