Monday, June 05, 2006

Dirty Pretty Things Get U.S. Release Date

Aversion.com reports that the debut album from Britain's Dirty Pretty Things, entitled Waterloo to Anywhere, will finally see a U.S. release on August 1st via Interscope Records.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, Dirty Pretty Things are the new band from Carl Barat and Gary Powell of The Libertines. As I've mentioned before, this album dispels any questions about who the real talent was in the Libertines (i.e.,not Pete Doherty). Do yourself a favor and pick it up when it comes out. Or, if you can't wait that long, you can pick up the Import CD for $13.49 at Amazon.com.

You may have noticed that the album has been listed on my "What I'm Listening To" banner on the left for a couple of months now. That's how good the album is. Possibly the best flat-out rock album I've heard this year. For a limited time, check out one of my favorite songs off the album:
"Doctors and Dealers".

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home