Monday, May 01, 2006

Wilco, 4/21/06, Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ (Part 1)

As I mentioned last week, Wilco's show at the Starland Ballroom last Friday was pretty interesting. Not because it blew me away, but because it proved to me that, even on an off-night, they're still one of the best live bands around. And because it proved that, despite what the dude behind me thought (and yelled repeatedly), New Jersey and Wilco do not "go perfect together."

And while most of the time all that you, the reader, can do is take my opinion at face value and decide whether or not to give it any credence, this time you can listen for yourself. Via Dimeadozen.org, I bring you the show in its entirety. While I can't guarantee that you'll hear the aforementioned proponent of state-band marriage, you'll definitely be able to hear Jeff espouse his not-so-high opinion of another member of the New Jersey crowd. Good times..

Part 1:

Introduction
"Hell is Chrome"
"Handshake Drugs"
"In a Future Age"
"I Am Trying to Break Your Heart"
"Muzzle of Bees"
"A Shot In the Arm"
"At Least That's What You Said"
Jeff Harbors Ill Will
"Jesus, etc."
"Theologians"
"Spiders (Kidsmoke)"

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Unfortunately, I paid the full $15 ticket price. But for the Marshall Tucker Band, I'd have paid a hell of a lot more.

Oh, is anyone going to this show?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home