Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The What Four

While listening (as usual) to WOXY.com last week, I heard an interesting song from a band called What Four.

The song, entitled "Prelude No. 1 in D Minor", was all over the place, with piano, strings and soaring guitars all coming together into very pretty sections which would, on a dime, turn into complete freak-outs, and just as quickly switch back into prettiness.

I finally had a chance to look into the band today, and it turns out that all the glorious noise of that song was made by a group of high school seniors from outside of Chicago. Unbelievable. When I was in high school, all my friends' bands played were covers of Guns n' Roses, Metallica and Rush. Needless to say, these kids are a little more talented than my friends. (Sorry, Adam and Charlie.)

They have three other songs at their MySpace page, all of which show a lot of promise too, but I keep coming back to "Prelude".

"Prelude No. 1 in D Minor"

I can't wait to hear what they sound like when they're 19.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good lord you are my hero.

arrested development, the office, and what four? that, my friend, is how you get readers to your blog. consider me a regular now.

i live right by these guys and was lucky enough to go to one of their concerts last year - simply amazing. a couple weeks ago they got signed to a label and are now known as "butterfly assassins". a national tour and re-release of their cd is coming soon, so keep your eyes open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home