Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Long Winters, Putting the Days to Bed

From Indie Blog Heaven comes word that the new Long Winters album will be released on Barsuk Records on my birthday, July 25th. I can't tell you how excited this makes me. The band's last full length LP, When I Pretend To Fall, is one of my favorite albums of the past few years, and still gets a ton of play on my iPod. Simply put, it's one of the happiest, poppiest, most perfect albums I have in my collection, and just listening to it puts me in a good mood.

If you've never heard the band before, or even if you have, go listen to some tracks at Barsuk's website, including a brand new song:

"Pushover" (from the forthcoming Putting the Days to Bed)
"Ultimatum" (from Ultimatum EP)
"Stupid" (from When I Pretend To Fall)
"Car Parts" (from The Worst You Can Do Is Harm)

And check out the in-studio session the band did for WOXY.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home