Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Australian Tour EP

There's a reason the ladies love an Australian man... Me, I like Australian women.

I also like the three Australian tour EPs that I have in my collection from The Frames, The Pernice Brothers, and, as of last night, Teenage Fanclub. While the Frames and Pernice Brothers discs contain primarily live versions of previously released songs, Teenage Fanclub's includes two originals that I'd never heard before, and an interesting cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain". Take a listen:

The Frames, "Pavement Tune" (live)
The Frames, "Heyday" (live) [Mic Christopher cover]

The Pernice Brothers, "All I Know" (live in-studio)
The Pernice Brothers, "Flaming Wreck" (live in-studio)

Teenage Fanclub, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" [CCR cover]
Teenage Fanclub, "Headstand"

Hearing these, I'm of the firm belief that bands don't do enough of this type of thing. It allows them to do some interesting covers, release some non-album tracks, and, most importantly, make some cash. It seems to be working for Colin Meloy. Let's hope it become a trend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home