Monday, April 24, 2006

When Libertines Attack

Dumb title, sorry, I'm tired. But the point is that today saw the release of more Libertines material than you ever knew you wanted to hear. And probably more than you actually did want to hear. As NME reports it, someone seems to have leaked the contents of Pete Doherty's laptop onto the internet, including countless Libertines demos, live tracks and unreleased songs. And by countless I mean 123. If you absolutely must, get yourself to this site and download all 123. Personally, as much as I consider myself a fan, it just ain't happening.

Also on the rarities tip, The Rich Girls Are Weeping has posted three very cool Wrens rarities. Go listen.

If you're looking for something new, I Rock Cleveland spotlights a new band called The Sky Drops who are the fourth or fifth band that I've heard this year that might be the new My Bloody Valentine. But that's a good thing. Listening to these songs makes me feel like I'm back in South Quad hittin' the bong. Check it out:

"Green to Red"
"Now Would Be"

In book news -- I refuse to call it literature -- Productshop tells us to expect a new Chuck Klosterman book in August entitled Chuck Klosterman IV : A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas. Don't get me wrong, Chuck is great. I loved Killing Yourself to Live, despite its flaws, because it was damn funny. And I related way too much to Fargo Rock City. So I'll definitely be reading this one. But I'll also admit that Chuck is about as close as you get to a male equivalent of chick lit. If you're the type that plans out what you're going to read 4 months ahead of time -- freak -- you can pre-order it here. Here's hoping it's funnier than his attempt at an April Fools joke.

And, finally, though pretty much everyone else that matters has already mentioned it, be sure to go check out Videoteque. It's a video MP3 blog, posting all kinds of videos in all kinds of formats, including the iPod Video-compatible MP4. Good stuff.

PS: Thanks to the awesome Gothamist for the picture of Roy and his tiger friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home