Friday, April 21, 2006

T.G.I.W.

Thank god it's Wilco day! And thank god tonight's the last show I have for a few days, because I'm totally dragging ass after last night's Bob Pollard show. [Unless, of course, I end up going to see Islands at Avalon tomorrow.] I totally forgot what it felt like to wake up after a GBV show where I drank 10 or more beers at a show. Rough, to say the least.

On the bright side, there's a bunch of good stuff floating around the web today, so I can just point you in the right direction, put my head down and go to sleep.

I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has a bevy of unreleased Ray LaMontagne stuff to be found here. I like Ray a lot, even though I have this terrible feeling that he's going to get Norah Jones/AOR huge with his next album. Hell, GQ recently listed a Ray LaMontagne show as one of the 25 most romantic places in the world. Dumb, I know, but a sign that Ray won't be "indie" for much longer.

Who knew -- Stereogum is a really funny guy. From his post today about Guns n' Roses:

For music-minded New Yorkers, there are plenty of other ways you can relive 1993 on GN'R's opening night:

Glen Phillips (Of Toad The Wet Sprocket) @ The Canal Room
Ice Cube @ B.B. King's Blues Club
Jon Auer (Of The Posies) @ Mercury Lounge

And that new Jon Auer album is terrific. Never once did he consider hiring KFC bucket-wearing guitarist.
Funny stuff. The idea of Jon wearing a KFC hat is even better.

Two cool videos floating around today:

Okkervil River, "Ends With A Fall" (from Down The River of Golden Dreams] (via Chromewaves)

Calexico, "Cruel" (via indieblogheaven.typepad.com)

And two really nice songs over at You Ain't No Picasso:

Headlights, "Put Us Back Together"

Look Look, "Skipping Stones"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home