Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday Morning Laziness

A very, very brief update on this Sunday morning. Fighting the temptation to go back to sleep for another 3-4 hours.

Staying on the topic of The Posies from my last post, I discovered that they made a video for the song "Conversations" from the last LP, Every Kind of Light. It's up and streaming at their MySpace site. Who knew? It's pretty funny, too.

Also, if I haven't mentioned it before, Jon Auer of The Posies is set to release his debut solo album, Songs From the Year of Our Demise, on May 2nd [PRE-ORDER]. Two songs are currently streaming at his MySpace site, and I like them a lot. They sound about as close to The Posies as Ken Stringfellow's solo stuff has -- i.e., not so much, but I like them just the same. Jon will be in NYC supporting the album on May 12th at the Mercury Lounge with, shhhhhhhh, The Whigs.

In non-Posies news, there's some good stuff floating around the other music blogs today, including...

Two and 1/2 Pounds of Bacon posts a song from the new Sonic Youth album, Rather Ripped, called "Reena". Go listen. I'm really, really liking this album. Hurry over, because he's keeping it up for 24 hours and then its gone.

RBally, he of the Who/Kiss/Cher/Celine Dion school of "retirement" [;^)], links to a great live performance by Josh Ritter earlier this year in Berlin.

And, finally, An Aquarium Drunkard has the famed 5/8/77 Grateful Dead show from Cornell University. I had this on tape for many years and pretty much wore it out. Haven't heard it since I ditched my tape deck back in 1998-ish. Great find, great quality. Those of you who know me personally know just how big a Dead (and Phish) fan I was back in the day. This one brings back some serious memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home