Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Smiths @ Beacon Theater, NYC [6/18/85]

So now that I finally have an account at Dime a Dozen, I'm having all kinds of fun downloading live music. It's a slow process. Download, expand, compress and compress again. Or something like that. I still really don't understand what I'm doing, but it works. Kinda a metaphor for my life.

Anyway, leaving the metaphysical issues behind, or not, let me transport you back in time about 21 years, to a time when I still lived in the mistake by the lake and still listened primarily to these guys and these guys. I didn't know The Smiths, and probably would have hated them if I did. I was an Ohio hick -- not the cultured New York indie god that I am now. In fact, it's only in the last year or so that I've made an effort to get to know more about the band. And, not surprisingly, I've grown to like them a lot. So I was pretty psyched when Large Hearted Boy linked to a live Smiths show on Dime a Dozen today.

Now, I pass the benefits on to you, my wonderful readers. Enjoy Part 1 (of 2).

Intro
"William (It Was Really Nothing)"
"Hand in Glove"
"Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want"
"Rusholme Ruffians"
"Miserable Lie"
"Jeane"
"Barbarism Begins at Home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home