Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Prince @ First Avenue, Minneapolis [3/8/82]

Before I get to this show, I wanted to add one quick comment to my Clash post. One of you out there, who will remain nameless, but who I'm tickled pink has read my humble little blog, pointed out to me that the band's show at the Lochem Festival was the last show for drummer Topper Headon. And apparently he was completely fucked up on heroin for the show, though you wouldn't know it to listen to his playing. Very interesting stuff..

As for this show, I can't say I know much about it, or even about Prince. He's one of those guys that I've just never taken the time to get into. Can't really explain it. I don't own a single album of his, and really only know his hits from the Purple Rain era. So when I saw this on Dime a Dozen, I knew I'd have to check it out. While the quality isn't great, it's good enough to tell me that I need to hear more. Take a listen for yourself. The show also features the greatest band in the world, Morris Day and The Time, and Sue Ann Carwell. Enjoy:

"Bambi"
"All the Critics Love U in New York"
"When U were Mine"
"Sexy Dancer"
"Still Waiting"
"Head"
"Sexuality"
"Dance to the Beat"
"The Stick"
"Partyup"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home