Friday, April 07, 2006

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

While my goal with this blog is to keep things pretty relaxed -- i.e., I have no purpose other than to entertain myself, my friends, and those of you who happen to stop by -- there is one general rule that I've set for myself: Thou shalt not upload pre-release leaks.

This doesn't mean I won't link to other people who have done so. But what I won't do is actually upload pre-release music and make it publicly available (unless, somehow, the artist asks me to). Why? As I've said, I'm a lawyer, and while the job is pretty much the paid equivalent of an enema, I'm not prepared to lose it or the ability to practice. In other words, the RIAA scares the holy fuck out of me and I don't want to get disbarred. Plus, while I'm a firm believer that making MP3s available actually encourages listeners to buy a CD, I know from personal experience that, once you have a leaked CD, there's a real tendency to think about saving your money for a CD you don't already have.

So, having said that, there's something you should know -- one of my wonderful readers, who I do not know, has posted a link in one the comments section somewhere on this blog to the entire new Pearl Jam album. It was not I who uploaded it, nor will I go out of my way to point it out to you. And I will remind you, as someone who spends a ton of money on CDs, if you like it, buy it when it comes out next month.

Cover my ass statement over. Happy hunting.

Edited to add: I'm 4 songs in, and so far this album rocks. And that's coming from someone who's not a huge fan. The album is excellent. Very, very happy. Go pre-order it.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Hey.. like I said, I'm not much for disseminating unreleased music. It shouldn't be too hard to find where the link is though. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home