Saturday, April 15, 2006

Night o' Music

And so the eight days of music begins... Last night was Human Television and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Still to come this week is the Alkaline Trio, Lucero, Bob Pollard and Wilco, and maybe the Black Crowes/Robinson Brothers show tonight.

I can't say enough about Human Television, although I am looking forward to a time when they can play a somewhat larger place with better acoustics and mixing. At the last couple of shows, the vocals have been waaaaaay too low in the mix and very muddy. That said, the songs are great, and it's still fun to see them live. Be sure to pick up their debut LP when it comes out on May 2nd.

CYHSY, on the other hand, put on a close-to-impeccable show at Bowery. It was my first time seeing them, and I walked away very impressed. True, they should be tight after touring as much as they do, but it was still a pleasant surprise to see just how good a live show they do this early into their career. And the new songs (4?) were pretty good too, especially the first two that they played. My only advice? Better song selection in the encore.

Onto the pics. There's only a couple because, honestly, I had a bad picture night. I promise better quality next time!

Human Television [only one, the others kinda sucked]


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home