Thursday, April 13, 2006

In Brief...

Waaaay too busy today to do a big daytime update. So here's the quickies:

Chromewaves points out that the new Drive By Truckers album, A Blessing and a Curse, is streaming at their site. I will be listening to it this afternoon. Pre-order it here.

Stereogum link to an interesting Pete Doherty documentary. It's apparently pretty long (40 minutes or so), so I haven't watched it yet, but I will. For the same reason I watched the Kate Moss/Doherty cocaine video. Because I could.

The new Sonic Youth album, Rather Ripped, can be found in its entirety at the same place where we found the Dirty Pretty Things album was yesterday. Just listened to it, and it's pretty good. No pre-order links yet, but I will post it as soon as it's available.

One of my favorite bands, The Twilight Singers, are coming to New York on June 1st at Irving Plaza. Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster.

I linked to a pretty good song from the Young Republic last week. Here's another one: "Modern Plays" (Via Indie Blog Heaven)

One of my favorite songs over the last year has been Group Sounds' "Things Fall Apart." WOXY.com played it a bunch last summer, and it's still a staple on my iPod. It finally occurred to me today to go look for more from them. They have several songs up at their MySpace site. With respect to the second song, "Belly Up" -- holy Joe Jackson.

And finally, go try to listen to the new Camera Obscura song "Lloyd" at their MySpace site. Doesn't work for me for some reason, so tell me how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home