Friday, April 14, 2006

I Look Away for Two Hours...

And holy shit.

Guns 'n FUCKING Roses is doing two nights at Hammerstein next month, on Monday the 15th and Wednesday the 17th. Tickets are on sale next Friday. I better fucking get tickets to this. In fact, I'd sell my first, second and third-born for these tickets. Now if I just knew where they were, or who their mothers were.

-AND-

Wilco is playing a free show (with Yo La Tengo) at the Prospect Park Bandshell on July 13th. Maybe I don't need to go to Lollapalooza now.

And some non-concert stuff:

The new Mission of Burma is streaming in all its glory at their wiki website. (Via Brooklyn Vegan.)

Edited to add: CORRECTION -- the whole album isn't streaming. Yet. It looks like they're slowly releasing it song by song every day (?) or every so many hours. Weird. Three of the album's eight songs are streaming right now.

I refuse to link to any Gnarls Barkley for the simple reason that they have the stupidest name ever, but I will link to Ray LaMontagne covering their song "Crazy". (Via Stereogum.)

So Much Silence links to a live performance by Band of Horses from KEXP.

And Large Hearted Boy links to "An Old Familiar Scene" from the new Elf Power disc.

I swear to never do two hours of real work in a row again. In fact, I may go hand in my resignation right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home