Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Am Ohio Bound

So I'm leaving tomorrow for a long weekend to visit the family in Cincinnati. While I'm there, I'm gonna see Wussy at Northside Tavern. Amazingly, they do have broadband internet access in Ohio (running water too!), so I'll do my dangedest to keep up to date with the blog. At minimum I'll try to bring you some pics from the Wussy show..

Until then, I figured I'd leave you with some of the songs that have been getting a lot of play on my iPod lately. Odds are I'll be listening to these as I deal with the usual Laguardia delays tomorrow. Enjoy.

Birdmonster, "Cause You Can"
Glen Hansard, "Lies"
Jon Auer, "My Sweet Unknown"
Maritime, "Tearing Up The Oxygen"
Minus 5, "Cemetary Row"
Robert Pollard, "I Surround You Naked"

and one that someone else posted:

Islands, "Rough Gem" (via Can You See the Sunset From the South Side?)

Also, be sure to go check out the new band Hot One. Hot One features Nathan Larson from Shudder to Think, Kevin March from the Dambuilders and Guided By Voices, Jordan Kern from Escalate, and Emm Gryner from Canada. They've got a very odd theme/motif going for the band, but I quite like the songs on their MySpace site. Definitely has shades of late-era Shudder to Think, although obviously without Craig's vocals. (Link found via Chromewaves.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home