Monday, April 17, 2006

Glen Hansard, 9/29/01, Leap, County Cork, Ireland (Pt. 1)

If you can't tell, I'm starting to get excited about getting my hands on Glen Hansard's new solo disc, The Swell Season, and the new Frames disc in a few months. Almost as excited as I am that Glen has added me as a friend over at MySpace!

Anyway, I discovered this little gem of a show on Dime a Dozen last night. It's a Glen solo show with guest spots by none other than Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan. Excellent stuff. You have to wait for Part 2 for Damien and Lisa, though.

"Ohio River Boat Song" (Will Oldham cover)
"Races"
"Seven Day Mile"
"Buzzin' Fly" (Jeff Buckley cover)
"Monument"
"What Happens When The Heart Just Stops"
"Star Star"
"Lay Me Down"
"Look Back Now"
"Santa Maria"
"Your Face"

Aside from reminding me just how good Damien and Lisa are (it's been a while since I've listened to O), it makes me realize how long it's been since Damien's written (and played publicly) new music. This is from 5 1/2 years ago! Come on, Damo!

P.S. Yes, that's a picture of Glen from his moment in the sun, playing guitarist Outspan Foster in The Commitments.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows it goin.
Just in case you hadn't seen this Glen / Frames interview:
http://www.vpro.nl/programma/vrijegeluiden/afleveringen/20653176/media/21298459/
Regards
Ronan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home