Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Clash @ Lochem Festival, Holland [5/20/82]

I first got into The Clash completely by accident on February 11, 1990. How do I remember the date? Well, a bunch of us were staying over at a friend's house, doing all the things that 14-year old boys in suburban Cincinnati do -- trying to steal beer from the basement refrigerator, even though none of us liked it; making prank phone calls; watching Steven Seagal movies and talking about how cool it would be to make our own Molotov cocktails (a feat I'm proud to say our stupid asses actually accomplished not long after); and listening to music as loud as possible. And we were also desperately trying to find out who won the Mike Tyson-Buster Douglas fight. Needless to say, we were pretty surprised when we found out.

Anyway, one of the tapes that someone put in that night was The Clash. I knew who The Clash were -- anyone with MTV in the 80's had seen "Rock the Casbah" -- but I'd never gone beyond that song. I was quite content to spend most of the 80's listening to the likes of, ahem, Poison, Whitesnake, Ratt, and the like. Yeah, teenage Steve was quite the white trash. All I was missing was the mullet.

Long story short, I fell in love with the band, and I've never stopped loving them. I'm sure this isn't particularly interesting to any of you, but until I downloaded the show I'm attaching here, I had completely forgotten about that night. And about my friend's somewhat-challenged cousin who liked to tell everyone that they "looked like Robocop." God I miss being young.

So without further ado, check out part 1 of The Clash at the Lochem Festival in Holland, May 20, 1982. I was probably at home watching this show that night.

"London Calling"
"Safe European Home"
"Guns of Brixton"
"Train in Vain"
"Clash City Rockers"
"Know Your Rights"
"The Magnificent Seven"
"Ghetto Defendant"

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh also I found bosom buddies theme song here theme-songs.info/bosom-buddies-theme-song/ together with the video if someone needs to watch it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home