Saturday, March 11, 2006

Weekend Links

Several cool links to hold you over for the rest of the weekend. Go Boston College! Fuck Duke!

Cool new song from the Essex Green. Never listened to them before, but I may have to look into them. Listen to "Don't Know Why" from Music For Robots.

Want to hear something cool? Go check out Petra Hayden's a capella versions of "Thriller" and "God Only Knows" at her website. She put out a great album last year which was all a capella versions of The Who's Sell Out album. Curious to see what she covers next. (Link via One Louder.)

The Music Slut points the direction towards a couple of leaked songs off the new Prince album: "Love" and "Get On the Boat".

New song from Sondre Lerche, "Track You Down". (Via My Bread.) His new album, Duper Sessions, is out Tuesday the 21st.

If you're in Austin for SXSW, try to check out the Cold War Kids. I completely forget how, but I ended up with a disc of theirs in the mail a few months ago. I never got around to listening to it, and now I have no idea where it is. But I found a song of theirs linked over at Rock Insider, and I likes. Listen to "Hospital Beds".

And I'll leave you with one more new song off Josh Rouse's new album, Subtitulo, due March 21st. This one's called "The Man Who". (Via Two and a Half Pounds of Bacon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home