Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Tunes (The Margaret Thatcher Edition)


All Brit-rock, all the time.

I never really cared too much for Blur's music, but I'll be damned if I'm not a huge fan of Graham Coxon's solo stuff. Here's a video of "Standing On My Own Again" off his new album "Love Travels at Illegal Speeds," out in the UK on March 13th. No US release date yet. If it's anything like his last album, my suggestion is to pay the import price rather than waiting a year for it to come out here.

Video for "Boy Who Ran Away," from the current it-Brits, The Mystery Jets. Can't wait to see these guys at the Mercury in a few weeks.

Extremely impressed by Morning Runner. I've listened to 4 of the 6 songs on their site, and so far they kinda seem to me like a British version of the Frames -- i.e., a Coldplay or Travis that doesn't suck goat balls and make you want to die a long painful death. Be careful, their site has an automatic media player that pops on when you go to their site, so check your speakers aren't too loud.

Seriously, these guys sound like a potentially great find. Ask me again when I'm sober, but I think I really, really like them.

Morrissey's new video, "You Have Killed Me"

(Tonight's links are brought to you by Torr.org. Thanks!)

Edited to add: The reason many folks are disappointed by the new Delays disc? Because it's not as good as this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home