Sunday, March 05, 2006

More Music (The Incompetent President Edition)


Didn't see it, but I'm told Bill Kristol had this to say on Fox News Sunday this morning:

BILL KRISTOL: I think it's become in people's minds an emblem of the administration that just isn't as serious about the competent execution of the functions of government as it should be. And even -- I'm struck talking to conservatives and Republicans -- they agree with the president on basic political philosophy, the they agree with his basic policy agenda, but they are worried that they just don't seem to be able to execute as well as they should be.
Maybe, just maybe, it's because that "basic political philosophy" (i.e., attacking welfare, lowering taxes on the wealthy, promoting evangelical religion, and alienating the entire world) simply doesn't work? Call me crazy..

Moving from the world of politics and back to the primary field of this blog, music and pop culture, I present to you the Incompetent President Sunday Afternoon links:

(1) Am I serious going to have to start TiVo'ing SNL? I stopped watching that abomination over a decade ago. But things like this have me reconsidering my position. Check it out before YouTube pulls it! (Thanks for the heads up Stereogum!)

(2) A b-side from the band that put out my #1 album of 2005, Bloc Party, Storm and Stress.

(3) Something new from Mogwai: Folk Death. The album, Mr Death, comes out in the US on Tuesday.

(4) My final link to new Neko Case song, given that the album is also out Tuesday. Deep Red Bells. (Thanks There's Always Someone Cooler Than You!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home