Sunday, March 05, 2006

Lots of Videos, No Gay Cowboys

I made a small mistake last week. I said that The National were the best band that you're not listening to. I'd like to restate that, and move them down just one spot. The actual best band that you're not listening to -- well, some of you are -- is an Irish band called The Frames. They are, hands down, the band I most enjoy seeing live in the world, and I see a lot of bands. Check them out for yourself: "Keepsake" (Live), and their video for "Fake".

More videos:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, performing "Is This Love" on Letterman last week. (Via ProductShop.)

Sondre Lerche's new video, "Minor Detail". (Via The Modern Age.)

Another Letterman clip, this one from last year -- Ryan Adams and the Cardinals doing the slow boogie version of "Let It Ride".

Wilco performing "The Late Greats", also on Letterman.

And, finally, a very brief clip of Wilco at Stubb's in Austin, Texas, which I include for the sole reason that I was there, and it's still the best Wilco show I've seen since 1997.

EDITED TO ADD:
Umm, ok, Crash just won the Oscar for Best Picture. Wasn't that the movie where the big emotional scene was given away about 5 minutes into the movie, and they used that ridiculous plot device where the daughter gave only gave her father a gun with BLANKS, so neither the little kid nor her daddy dies and everybody's happy and realizes that no one should hate, we should all love, because hey, it's a lonely mixed up world we live in, and sometimes we're so lonely we intentionally smash our cars into other people? Same movie, right?

I'm sure Noriyuki "Pat" Morita is turning over in his grave right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home