Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Lord Giveth..



Just as I complain that the interweb has been bereft of top-notch linkage of late, this afternoon comes along and bitch-slaps me something fierce. So forget I ever said anything, and go listen to these..

Firstly, RBally has a kick-ass live Replacements show up. (Link via Ear Farm.) I'm not sure if this is the same show that I had video linked for last week...

Secondly, there's a bunch of bands I'm hearing for the first time and, generally, liking.

The Envelopes, "Sister in Love" (Link via The Catbird Seat.)

Man Man, "Feathers" and "Black Mission Goggles". Seriously, I tried to hate these guys because of the name, and the growing blog noise, but I seriously dig what I'm hearing. Dammit. (Link via Everything is Fire.)

The Shins, "The Gloating Sun". Of course I know the Shins, but I've never heard this song of theirs before. Pretty. Nice. Shinsy. (Link via Revolution in the Head.)

The Soft Lighties, "Black Skinheads in White Pants". (Link via Eardrums.)

Thirdly, more songs are leaking from the new Drive-By Truckers disc A Blessing and a Curse [Preorder it!]. Indie for Dummies links to two songs:

"Easy on Yourself"
"Goodbye"

And fourthly, in honor of this week's return of Yacht Rock, I bring you a little H&O, baby. Had I Known You Better Then. (Link via Adventures of a University Finalist.)

PS: I link to a photo of the White Power Twins for no reason other than that they amuse me.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jennings said...

Thanks for the shout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home