Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Am a Bad Fan...

... because I completely blanked on the fact that Bob Nanna has a new project and I totally missed the fact that he's put out an LP and at least one EP. Bad fan. Bad.

To the uninitiated, Bob Nanna was the lead singer and songwriter for Braid and Hey Mercedes, two incredible bands based out of various parts of Illinois.. Braid is another of those mid-late 90's emo bands I was referring to earlier -- i.e., back when "emo" could also be called post-punk, as opposed to now, when emo is referred to (when it's referred to at all) as diarrhea. Hey Mercedes was the slightly more straightforward rock version of Braid that came next. As I said, though, both bands rocked.

Anyway, Bob's got a new project called City on Film. Bad fan that I am, I don't know a whole lot about it, but I did just find a new song linked over at Six Eyes that I like a lot. And I poked around and found a few more on the official City on Film website. Check 'em out:

"Pony's Last Trick"

"Forgiveness"

"For Holly"

"Secret Santa Cruz" (Lifter Puller cover)

And keep Bob in your thoughts. Haven't read through his entire blog, but he appears to have some health-related stuff going on right now. Best of wishes, Bob!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home