Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Getting Busy


Things are picking up a bit with my coming trial at work, so my updates over the next couple of weeks might be a little slower than usual. That said, I enjoy the shit out of this thing, so I'll do my best to keep up..

Those of you lucky enough to be in Austin this week will both be able to eat some of the best food in the world and go see Austin locals Voxtrot. I'm a bit behind the rest of the blogosphere on these guys, but I'm starting to come around. Check out "Four Long Days" from their forthcoming Mothers Sisters Daughters Wives EP. (Via Hello Gina.)

Two and 1/2 Pounds of Bacon points the way toward one of my favorite emo songs ever, Mineral's "Parking Lot". Do yourself a favor and see what mid-90's emo was about before it polished itself up, put on eyeliner, and started whining about the pain of being a 15-year old. (Yeah, sure, mid-90's emo whined about the pain of being a 23-year old, but hey, that's 50% more better than 15).

At least one of you missed it when I did this a few weeks ago, so here again for your consideration are three songs from the biggest blog-backed band in the world since Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, Minneapolis' own Tapes n' Tapes:
"Insistor"
"Cowbell"
"Omaha"

An awesome article entitled "10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Grandaddy" from Harp Magazine. Also check of Jim DeRogatis' article on the effect of the internet and word of mouth on a band's success here.(Both links via Large Hearted Boy.)

Finally, check out one of my favorite new-ish bands, The Eames Era. Yet another band I've been introduced to by WOXY.com. Excellent stuff. Album comes out today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home