Friday, March 10, 2006

Cordalene Are a Band - They Are Very Good

A year or two ago, you might have been forced to listen me talk up a band called Cordalene. I saw them completely by chance at the dearly-departed Luna Lounge a couple of years ago, and they blew me away. I bought two EPs at the show, and figured that this band was going to get huge. Well, it's several years later, and while they still haven't "hit," they have a new album coming out in late Spring. They have a few songs posted on their website and MySpace page, and I like them a lot. Check them out!

Some other links for your Friday afternoon:

A couple of cuts off the new Delays album (via Torr.)

"Valentine"

"Hide Away"

Two new blog-buzz bands:

Guillemots, "Trains to Brazil" (via Music for Robots.)

Page France, "Antarctica (My Beloved Home)" (via You Ain't No Picasso.)

And, finally, go listen to some Arctic Monkeys b-sides at Baby Borderline so you can continue trying to figure out what the big deal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home