Saturday, March 25, 2006

And a Happy Saturday to You

Welcome to the weekend. If all goes according to plan, and if it's up to the folks I work for it likely won't, this weekend is going to be the kickoff of an amazing few weeks of live music here in NYC. Last night was Britain's Mystery Jets at the Mercury Lounge, followed by the Arctic Monkeys tonight, Ted Leo tomorrow, Minus 5 on Tuesday, then the Flaming Lips, Josh Rouse, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Alkaline Trio, Lucero, Bob Pollard and Wilco. I seriously have to start remembering to bring my camera to these things..

Anyway, before the aforementioned bands take over my life, I figured I'd share a few songs which have defined the last few weeks for me..

The Buzzcocks, "Wish I Never Loved You"

The Delays, "You and Me"

The Eames Era, "Go To Sleep"

The Light Footwork, "The Art of Everyday Communication Part 1"

Mystery Jets, "You Can't Fool Me Dennis"

As always, these are 7-day limited downloads. If you like what you hear, go buy something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home