Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Anal Cunts Are Your New Favorite Band

So I raided My Old Kentucky Home for most of tonight's links. Be sure to check them out, it's a great site.

TV On The Radio: I'm one of the few people who never really got into the first TV On the Radio album. However, having heard a couple songs off the new album (due in June), something tells me I'm gonna to have to go give the old boy another chance. Check out: "Playhouses" and "Wolf Like Me". Well, let me restate that -- Playhouses is great. Wolf Like Me is pretty much what I didn't love the first time around. There's even a 6 second snippet in the middle of Wolf Like Me that reminds me of everything I hate about the musical Rent. Trust me, you'll know it when you hear it.

Decemberists: Along with the Frames and the National, the Decemberists are one of the few bands that have popped up in the last couple years and have shot to into my "pantheon" of favorite bands (to be elaborated on at a later date when I'm sure I'll be drunk). Anyway, here's a few live Decemberists/Colin Meloy live covers. For more, go here.

"Ballad of El Goodo" (Big Star).
"Ask" (The Smiths).
and my personal favorite, "Your Love" (The Outfield).

My Morning Jacket: A band that may someday be a pantheon band. Not there yet, but very promising. Best time I've seen them is still the 40 minute set they did at 2004 Austin City Limits fest. Check out their show from last October at the Fox Theatre in Boulder, CO.

And my absolute favorite song of the week..

The Anal Cunts: Awesome name. Awesome song. Three's Company theme song. (Via Copy, Right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home